Once in a lifetime, we all get to turn an age that matches the day we were born and it is called a crown birthday. For me it is this year, I will turn 29 on the 29th of November in 2019! I cannot for the life of me tell you why this excites me so much!
Heck my twenties have been a crazy twist of many things. I completed two degrees and started a third, found love, moved countries – no actually continents, experienced culture shock, succeeded in some ways and failed in others. I tasted my first snow, experienced the changing seasons and even discovered the joy of paying bills (NOT!)
Different experiences brought me some lessons that I would like to share with you!
- Life is not a race! Stay in your lane and focus on your own goals.
- Bad things happen to good people – use your bad experiences as a motivator for yourself and for others around you
- Give because no matter how much you have, you always have something to give and it is not always material.
- If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice.
- I detoxed from social media for a month and managed to read two new books (I wonder what the lesson is here)
- Laugh, like a lot! Life is seriously better when you do!
- Do not get so caught up chasing the big things that you forget to enjoy the moment and the small things.
- Love is a gift and being with someone that SEEs you is the most amazing feeling, treasure it!
- Explore new places, new places are not alway miles and flights away, it could be right in your backyard!